The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organization set up in 1961 by the
Government of India to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on Policies and Programmes for qualitative
improvement in school education. The Regional Institutes of Education located in the different regions of the country
are major constituent units of NCERT. One of the major objectives of the NCERT and its constituent units is to organize
pre-service and in-service training of teachers and teacher trainees and to develop and disseminate innovative educational
techniques and practices.
The Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer was set up in 1963. It caters to the educational needs of the northern region
of the country comprising the States of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh
and the UT of Delhi, Chandigarh. Programmes offered in RIE, Ajmer are affiliated to Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati (MDS) University,
Ajmer and recognized by the NCTE. Admission to B.Ed. programme of RIE is restricted to candidates having domicile in the States
of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and the UT of Delhi and Chandigarh
(For details see website of RIE, Ajmer). The number of the seats available in RIE, Ajmer for admission to the B.Ed. programme
is 110 (55 for Science and Mathematics Group & 55 for Social Science and Languages Group).
The Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal was set up in 1963. It caters to the educational needs of the northern region of the country
comprising the States of Chhattishgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uts of Daman, Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli. Programmes
offered in RIE, Bhopal are affiliated to Barkatullah University (BU), Bhopal and recognized by the NCTE. Admission to B.Ed. programme of
RIE is restricted to candidates having domicile in the States of Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uts of Daman,
Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli (For details see website of RIE, Bhopal). The number of the seats available in RIE, Bhopal for admission to the
B.Ed. programme is 110 (55 for Science and Mathematics Group & 55 for Social Science and Languages Group).
The Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar caters to the educational needs of the eastern region of the country comprising the
States of Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal and the UT of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Programmes offered in RIE, Bhubaneswar are
affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar and recognized by the NCTE. Admission to B.Ed. Programme of RIE, Bhubaneswar is restricted
candidates having domicile in the States of Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal and the UT of Andaman and Nicobar Islands (For details
see website of RIE, Bhubaneswar). The number of seats available in RIE, Bhubaneswar for the admission to the B.Ed. Programme is110 (55
for Science and Mathematics Group & for Social 55 Science and Languages Group).
The North-East Regional Institute of Education (NERIE), Shillong is a constituent unit of National Council of Educational Research and Training
(NCERT), New Delhi. NERIE was set up at Shillong in 1995 to cater to the educational needs of the North Eastern states, viz., Assam, Arunachal
Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. NERIE aspires to provide academic and technical support system to assist and
advise the governments of the above mentioned states on policies and Programmes on all aspects of school education and reshape the State curricula.
It primarily aims at capacity building of the state and district level resource institutions/teachers education institutions and State Boards of
Secondary and Higher Secondary Education located in the region in undertaking research, development and training. It is affiliated to North Eastern
Hill University (NEHU), Shillong. NERIE is offering Two-year B.Ed. (Secondary) Course from August, 2015 for the students drawn from the North East Region.
The number of seats available in NERIE, Shillong for admission to the B.Ed Programme is 50 + 5 (25 for Science and Mathematics Group & 25 for Social Science
and Languages Group).
The Regional Institute of Education, Mysuru caters to the educational needs of the southern region of the country comprising the States of Andhra
Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and the UT of Puducherry and Lakshadweep. Programmes offered in RIE Mysuru are affiliated to the
University of Mysuru. Admission to B.Ed. Programme of RIE is restricted to candidates having domicile in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka,
Kerala, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, the UT of Puducherry and Lakshadweep. (For details visit RIE, Mysuru). The number of seats available in RIE Mysuru
for admission to the B.Ed. Programme is 50 + 5 (25 for Science and Mathematics Group & 25 for Social Science and Languages Group).
About the Course B.Ed.
The Two-year Bachelor of Education Programme, generally, known as B.Ed., is designed based on the recommendations of the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
This is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level (classes VI-VIII), secondary level (classes IX-X) and senior secondary level
(classes XI-XII) for applicants with post-graduation. The curriculum is designed to integrate the study of subject knowledge, human development, Pedagogical knowledge
and communication skills. This Programme specifically provides quality teachers for secondary schools in Science, Mathematics, Language and Social Science. The students
admitted to the course every year opt for either Science and Maths or Social Science and Languages. This entitles them to become efficient teachers of Science/Mathematics,
and Social Science/Language. The course is so designed in such a way that the students will be well versed in content as well as pedagogy. Through CEE-2023 candidates will
get opportunity to get admission in B.Ed. in any one of the RIEs at Bhopal, Ajmer, Bhubaneswar, Mysuru and North East Regional Institute of Education (NERIE), Shillong
based on their state of eligibility.
Candidates with at least 50% marks in Bachelor Degree and /or in the Master Degree in Sciences/ Bachelor in Engineering
or Technology with specialisation in Science or Mathematics or in Bachelor Degree and /or in the Master Degree in
Social Sciences/Humanities are eligible for admission to the programme (relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ ST/PwD candidates).
Reservation of Seats
As per the Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed
criteria. The following reservations are available SC 15%, ST 7.5%, OBC 27%, PwD 5% and EWS 10%. Candidates applying under reservation
quota will be considered only on the basis of the lists notified by the Government of India and the category certificate/ PwD certificate
in the format approved by the GOI and issued by the competent authority. OBC candidates will have to attach a certificate from competent
authority stating that he/ she does not belong to creamy layer.
Hostel facilities for boys and girls are available on each RIE campus.
Other General Information
The candidates are expected to fill the form online. Please refer to how to apply on the portal for complete step by step information.
The candidates have to download the admit card by using login credentials from online application system web link. The candidates for
common entrance examination have the option to apply online only. The fee for application is Rs. 1200/- for General and OBC and Rs. 600/-
for SC/ST/PwD/EWS candidates. For online submission of application, visit website www.cee.ncert.gov.in and follow the instructions, carefully.
The applicants must note that after submission of the application form it cannot be withdrawn. Claims for refund of application fee will not
be entertained. For filling and submitting the Application Form, please, go through the following general information.
- Ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility criteria for the admission to B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed./ B.Ed./B.Ed.-M.Ed.(Integrated)/M.Sc.Ed./M.Ed.
- Application form must be completed in all respects. Incomplete application form will be out rightly rejected and there will be no further correspondence in this regard.
- Option once selected in the application form cannot be changed later.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- The application form duly completed in all respects could be saved as a pdf and in case of selection a printed copy of the same with all the enclosures to be submitted to the respective centres during admission.
- No written acknowledgment will be given for the receipt of the application. However, the candidate can verify application status on CEE-2023 website at www.cee.ncert.gov.in
- Year of passing / appearing qualifying examination should be selected. For Date of Birth, enter the date, month and year of your birth as per the English calendar and as recorded in your 10th certificate using 01 to 31 for date and 01 to 12 (January to December) for month and the four digits for the year.
- The list of the centers where the centre for the Common Entrance Examination - 2023 will be located are given. Select any three city codes from the list. Your first preference must be entered first, then second and thereafter third.
- During the Common Entrance Examination - 2023 bilingual (English/Hindi) question paper will be provided except for language proficiency.
- Write the complete postal address. The address must include your name, c/o name and full address with PIN code. Write your mobile no. also through which messages can be sent or contacted if required. E-mail address must be written clearly using small letters.
- Your recent colour photograph of appropriate size should be uploaded in the given box.
- Please read the disclaimer given on printed form carefully. By signing the form candidate abides with the declaration. Please note that this signature will appear in your admit card and will be verified during the examination.
- Candidates can pay the fee online using net banking, debit card, credit card.
- Please pay entrance examination fee either through Online Payment (Net Banking, Card Payment).
State/UT of Domicile
Select the appropriate State /UT against which you are seeking admission. As a proof of eligibility of State/ UT for admission the candidate has to produce any one of the following documents:
- Evidence of having passed the qualifying examination from the State/ UT as given in the advertisement.
- In case of legal guardian / parents is an employee of State/ Central Govt./ Govt. of India undertaking/ Autonomous bodies the latest certificate of place of posting in the State/ Uts
- A domicile certificate from the competent authority.
Candidates need to fill any one of the choices (a), (b) or (c).
The admit card will bear the name, Photograph, roll number, signature, date of birth, address, category of the candidate, along with the name and address of the examination centre allotted.
The admit card can be downloaded from the same online application system web link by using their initial login credentials. The candidate will have to bring admit card to the examination centre.
Only those candidates who will be holding admit cards will be allowed to appear in the examination.
Areas for Common Entrance Examination
- Separate Questions will be prepared for the following groups:
Level - 1 : B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed./M.Sc.Ed.(Mysuru)
Level – 2: B.Ed./B.Ed.-M.Ed.
Level – 3: M.Ed.
- Level of question paper will be as given below:
a. Level -1 - The level of questions will be such as expected of the candidate completing higher secondary/senior secondary education
b. Level -2 - The level of questions will be such as expected of the candidate completing graduation
c. Level –3- The level of questions will be such as expected of the candidate completing graduation and professional education level
- For all the levels, areas to be tested are 1) Language Proficiency, 2) Teaching Aptitude/Attitude, and 3) Reasoning Ability.
- Out of 80 questions, Language Proficiency in English 20 questions, Teaching Aptitude/Attitude 30 questions and Reasoning Ability 30 questions weightage will be given.
- Medium of Test Booklets will be only in English and Hindi.
- No. of test items-80, Time Duration-120 minutes.
- No. of test booklets- Only one set of booklet will be prepared for each group.
- Correct answer(s) will carry 2 marks each, Wrong answer(s) will carry negative marking of (minus) -0.5 marks each and Question(s) unattended will carry no marks.
Syllabus for CEE-2023
- Language Proficiency indicating specific areas like comprehension, rearranging sentences, selecting suitable words for the blanks, finding out errors in parts of the
sentences, finding out equivalent meaning to the given Phrases, finding out suitable words for the incomplete sentences, sequencing, grammar which includes synonyms,
antonyms, idioms, prepositions, tenses, articles.
- Teaching Aptitude will cover specific areas like attitude towards education, children and teaching profession; interest in teaching; leadership qualities & group management;
emotional & social adjustment; intrapersonal & interpersonal skills; and general awareness of contemporary issues pertaining to school education.
- Reasoning Ability indicating specific areas like verbal non-verbal reasoning, missing numbers, number series, letter series, theme finding, jumbling, analogy, odd one
out, arranging the statements in a sequential form, statement and conclusions, syllogism, logical problems, establishing relationships.
Results of Common Entrance Examination & Ranking
- 60% from entrance examination and 40% from our definitions of aggregate scores for B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed./M.Sc.Ed./B.Ed./M.Ed./B.Ed.-M.Ed.
- Aggregate score will be defined as:
- For B.Sc.B.Ed. and M.Sc.Ed.: Obtained marks of PCM or PCB out of Maximum marks of PCM/PCB in qualifying examination.
- For B.A.B.Ed. obtained total marks of qualifying examination out of Maximum marks of qualifying examination.
- For B.Ed. obtained total marks of qualifying degree examination out of the maximum marks of qualifying degree examination
- For M.Ed. obtained total marks of qualifying examination out of the maximum marks of qualifying examination. If the qualifying examination is B.Sc.Ed./B.Sc.B.Ed /B.A.Ed./B.A.B.Ed. and D.El.Ed. Only, the obtained total marks of professional components out of the maximum marks in these components.
- TIE Cases will be decided by scores of Teaching Aptitude test. Further TIE will be decided on the basis of age.
- Merit list will consider 2 digits after decimal with rounding off.
- RIEs will provide 1 seat for each course B.Sc. B.Ed. and B.A. B.Ed., and RIE Mysuru will also provide 1 seat for each course of M.Sc.Ed. (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) over and above of their regular quota for NTSE awardees.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination up to two years back i.e., 2021, 2022 and appearing/appeared in 2023 can apply for B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed./M.Sc.Ed.
- There is no restriction in the passing year to apply in B.Ed., B.Ed.-M.Ed. and M.Ed.
Counselling and Admission
The Counselling and admission will be done in respective RIEs. The details of the counselling and admission procedures and dates will be available on the websites of concerned RIEs. For availability of number of seats for State/Uts, please, contact to RIE concerned/referred in the seat matrix provided, here.
All SC, ST and 50% of remaining students will be awarded scholarships as per NCERT rules on submission of parent's income certificate. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit list of admission. Staying in hostel is compulsory for Scholarship holders.